What is Here4You
Counselling in schools is a very accessible and acceptable way for young people to receive the support they need. It can play a key role in early intervention and proactively change the lives of students allowing them to build resilience and obtain life goals.
Here4You offers the following key services:
· Individual Counselling
· Group Work
· Peer Support Training
· Staff training, reflexive groups and consultation
· Rapid Response
The key strengths of school-based counselling are that it is perceived as a highly accessible service that increases the extent to which young people have an independent, supportive professional to talk with about difficulties in their lives
Increasing evidence suggests that school-based humanistic counselling is effective at reducing psychological distress and helping young people achieve their personal goals. It has been evaluated positively by students and school staff; and is an effective means of bringing about improvements in students' mental health and emotional wellbeing.
The General Aims of Here4You Include:
· Offering a ‘best fit’ service for each individual school
· Being integrated into the broader pastoral care service provided
· Involving young people in partnership in all levels of the service
· Providing a professional, evidence based service in collaboration with the young people and school staff
· Building trusting relationships with students and staff
· Expressing and exploring thoughts and feelings
· Developing social interaction skills
· Improving self-image and self-confidence
· Identifying avenues for change
Should you wish to learn more about the Here4You service, please contact Noelle Adames, Schools Counselling Liaison Manager, email@example.com or 020 8832 3096.