Applicants will normally be expected to have:
- A first degree or equivalent qualification.
- Already using creative writing whether personally or professionally.
- A Short Course Certificate in Counselling (minimum 15 hours), or equivalent academic experience; willingness to undertake counselling for themselves, if appropriate.
- The personal qualities which have been identified as crucial in therapeutic work and in courses of this kind, namely warmth of personality, flexibility of thinking, the capacity for sensitive response to a wide range of people and issues, and the ability to critique and evaluate ideas and outcomes.
- This course requires applicants to submit 12 sides of their creative writing.
ACCREDITATION OF PRIOR LEARNING FOR MSc in Creative Writing for Therapeutic Purposes (MSc CWTP).
Accreditation of Prior and Experiential Learning (APEL) is a process through which an individual may be awarded credit for the learning achieved through formal and informal learning experiences.
It is possible for some students to enter the programme at the beginning of Year Two, if they have the equivalent learning outcomes for Year One. If you feel you may qualify for APEL please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org