MSc in Organisational Development: A Gestalt Perspective (Leading And Facilitating Transformative Change In A Volatile World)
Programme Leader: Jenny Mackewn
At the moment we are not recruiting however, we are logging people’s interest in the programme.
If you would like your details added to our waiting list and be contacted again in the future please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is for leaders, managers, organisational consultants and change agents who wish to develop their theoretical, practical and personal skills to lead and facilitate transformative change in an increasingly volatile and complex world.
Our new programme offers a unique opportunity to join a learning community that focuses upon the development of inspiring leadership and facilitation - in the service of co-creating the future. It offers the opportunity to find and develop our unique voice as leaders, managers and change agents; to gain confidence, presence and personal power; and to work with transformative processes in order to create breakthrough in groups, businesses, communities, large systems and the wider field.
The programme addresses the challenges of leading, managing, facilitating and consulting in the midst of an increasingly volatile, unpredictable and complex world. It features a relational and creative approach to organisational and field development.It actively explores the systemic interconnections between organisation and field and inquires into the roles and responsibilities of both individuals and business towards the field and the future.
We create a learning community which is participative and experimental. Participants include both experienced and less experienced practitioners. The experienced practitioners learn from the fresh approach of the less experienced, while the inexperienced practitioners learn from the wisdom of the experienced. Everyone contributes. Everyone learns.
- Immersive Learning.
- Skills Development and Holistic Practice during and between modules.
- Feedback on Personal Presence, Leadership and Facilitation.
- Creative Assignments, Theory and Presentation.
- Case Studies and Illustrative Stories.
Innovative examples: during each module we will invite young or innovative practitioners to share pioneering practice and join us for an evening of creative dialogue.
People often attend wonderful training programmes and then go back to their workplace and discover that nothing has changed. We have learnt that the key to helping people really gain confidence and power is to support them to practice their new learning and insights. So from day one, we encourage participants to:
- Practice in pairs, small groups and larger groups within the training sessions.
- Practice powerful public speaking, leadership, management, facilitation and/or consultancy in between modules.
- Tell stories of the practice they have undertaken.
- Develop a culture of practice and active learning.
- Grow in confidence, energy and personal power as they integrate theory into practice.
While the course draws upon the whole field of organisational and field transformation, it specialises in systemic, Gestalt and Complexity approaches to leadership, consultancy and change. It thus emphasises:
- The impact of the wider field upon the organisation and the reciprocal impact of the organisation upon the wider field.
- The creativity of working with emergent, self-organising and planned approaches to change.
- The power of attending to the phenomena of the actual experience in the here and now.
- The simplicity of conversation and the innovative possibilities that emerge between people who engage in creative dialogue.
- The wisdom of the interconnected field surrounding the events.
- A holistic and systemic approach to leadership, management, consultancy and change.
- A radical new understanding of the pressing needs for transformative change in organisations and the wider field.
- Inquiry into the meaning, purpose and responsibilities of individual and business life as well as how to bring consciousness of these different dimensions into our practice as transformative leaders and change agents.
The course attracts, and is designed for leaders, managers, facilitators, coaches and consultants working with:
- People development.
- Organisational development.
- Complex transformative change in larger systems and the wider socio-economic and ecological field.
- Ethical responsibilities for the co creation of the future.
It addresses the delights and the challenges of leadership and change management in public, private and voluntary sectors within an increasingly volatile and complex world.
It will also be of interest to coaches and psychotherapists who are seeking to shift their focus and work as organisational development/change leaders or consultants within organisations, communities, or the wider field.
The course is a part time Master’s programme spread over 2 years and structured in modules of 4 days which encompass two week days and two weekend days (including one evening of innovative creative dialogue). This is so as to spread the impact upon work and family and minimize the time away from either.Most modules are taught face-to-face and require physical presence.Experimentation with virtual meetings and peer inquiry groups between modules is taking place.
A feature of the programme will be an off-site residential (during Year 2 of the programme) where participants are invited to participate in a complex and renewing environment where theory, practice and inter-connection with the wider socio-economic and ecological field is deepened and integrated. (The Residential is subject to an additional fee for accommodation costs).
The programme will be of direct benefit to both the participants and to the organisations or wider communities to which they belong. Participants are asked to show how they are applying their learning to the organisations and wider field in which they work - through their ongoing action research project and through their dissertation.
Individual coaching or small group support for the APEL process (usually via telephone or Skype).
Optional attendance to Introduction to Gestalt Workshops: A Clinical and Organisational Application for people who would like to rejuvenate their Gestalt concepts and practice as part of undertaking the APL process.
This programme was developed and is delivered and assessed by Metanoia Institute awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University.
Contact Form for MSc Organisational Development
If you have any questions please get in contact with us below and we will respond to your enquiry.