Our Vision, Mission and Ethos
Excellence in counselling, counselling psychology, applied psychology and psychotherapy.
- To offer teaching, training and lifelong learning of the highest quality.
- To provide students with a theoretical and practical framework on which to base a professional and ethical practice in their chosen area of work.
- To enhance the Institute's reputation for excellence in practice-based research and scholarship.
- To offer practitioner training within a supportive and inclusive environment.
- To provide accessible and effective educational and clinical services to the wider community.
- To develop a research active culture.
Ethos and Values
It is Metanoia's policy to treat students, prospective students and employees in the same way.
The Institute will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, colour, religion/belief, disability, age, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity or any other grounds of discrimination not prohibited by legislation such as nationality etc.
All our training programmes are open to all people, subject to availability, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, marital status, religion or disability, provided they meet the required entry qualifications.
Standards and Quality
Our professional training programmes lead to registration with the appropriate regulatory bodies, BACP, UKCP, HCPC and BPS. This means that our training programmes are monitored annually and re-accredited every five years.
Our academic standards and quality are monitored not only by the bodies mentioned above, but also by our validating higher education organisation Middlesex University. Each year our students who are taking optional academic qualifications are taken to academic boards where their training achievements are ratified and academic credits awarded.
Middlesex University also appoints external examiners to our courses to ensure that our training programmes meet required academic standards and are equivalent to other university undergraduate and postgraduate courses and CPDs.
We report to our validating universities through their Quality Assurance and Assessment Standards. Middlesex University are monitored by the Quality Assurance Agency.