Metanoia Institute Library Service-December Update Click-and-Collect
Updated on Thursday 3rd December
Following the easing of some lockdown restrictions, we are able to resume the ‘click-and-collect’ service for the Metanoia Institute library. Please see the information below about access to library resources and the ordering and return of books:
Ordering and reserving books for collection from North Common Road:
- We are able to offer an in-person pick-up and drop-off of books on Mondays and Tuesdays during the term time only, between the hours of 12-2pm or 3-4pm.
- Please email the library at email@example.com with details of the items you wish to reserve.
- You will be notified by the librarians when items are available and when they can be collected.
- Unfortunately there can be no access to the library, as browsing is prohibited at this time.
- Reserved books will be ready for your collection on the agreed day/time.
- Books may be returned via the book-bin, or by post.
- The maximum loan period is one month, and only two books may be reserved at one time.
- To keep staff and students safe, librarians are unable to leave items at reception to be collected at times other than the above.
A quick way to obtain what you are looking for:
- You may also request for the librarians to email scans of articles from our library print stock.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items can be returned in person to the book bin in the porch at 13 North Common Road. To avoid virus transmission, returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- Books returned this way will be removed from library records and be made available for loan after this period.
- Items can also be returned by post/ courier. Please keep any information relating to posting/ courier transactions until you are informed by the library that the item has been cleared from your account.
The online resources (databases, journal and e-book packages) are accessible from the Learning Resources course on Moodle. The links and login details to use are listed in the Online Resources section.
- You will find a list of all e-books currently available at Metanoia Institute within the resources section. Please be aware that e-book availability may change during the academic year, so please do revisit the site.
- Direct links to the e-books are on the Library catalogue and can be found by a search for "Electronic Resource". There is a link to the main VLeBooks website on the Learning Resources area of Moodle with instructions on how to search the catalogue for e-books. Should you wish to use an e-book, please email the Library requesting an individual VLeBooks login (email@example.com).
Please note – our librarians may be able to access books via RNIB Bookshare for students with RAPS. Please do contact either Ade Banjoko (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the library for further information.
- 00:00 - 00:00
- 01 January 0001