Introductory Workshops for Diploma /BA in PC Counselling
This 2-day workshop gives participants the opportunity to explore the personal and professional qualities and issues involved in the practice of counselling. It also introduces the theory and philosophy of the Person-Centred Approach as developed by Carl Rogers, and later developed in contemporary approaches.
Participants will be invited to engage in a process of mutual assessment. For those who wish to enter the training programme, this will form part of the assessment process. The assessment process will be self, peer and tutor based and will include consideration of:
- The participant’s self-awareness, and ability to describe their own experience.
- Their capacity and commitment to engage with the course material as a whole.
- Their level of life and work experience and their ability to apply this to the training.
- Their ability to participate in an experiential learning environment.
- Their ability to participate in group process.
- Their potential to develop a helping relationship and their awareness of how prejudice and social oppression might impact this.
Introductory Workshop Dates BA (Hons)/Diploma:
2nd & 3rd February 2019
30th & 31st March 2019
6th & 7th July 2019
20th & 21st July 2019
For further information please email Imogen Thomas or call 020 8832 3076.
Please note that the Diploma is BACP validated and the BA course is validated by Middlesex University.