Student Support Networks
As part of the Metanoia Institute’s commitment to equal opportunities, the Equality and Diversity Committee is keen to develop a number of student and staff networks. These exist to allow students and staff from similar backgrounds to meet, network and discuss the issues that matter to them.
They also allow for the exchange of views, mutual support and advice as well as giving a platform from which to express concerns, raise awareness and instigate positive change within the Institute.
A representative of the networks (elected by and from members) sits on the Metanoia Institute’s Equality and Diversity Committee and each of the networks is periodically invited to present information on their work and views to this committee.
For details of these groups and when they meet, please contact the chair of the Equality and Diversity Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise stated. Equally, if you are interested in facilitating one of these groups or on-line networks, please contact the Chair.
Groups could include:
* BME Group (students and/or staff)
* LGBT+ Group (students and/or staff) email@example.com
* Women’s Group (students and/or staff)
* Group for students with dyslexia – contact Cameron Smillie firstname.lastname@example.org
* Group for students with disabilities – contact Cameron Smillie email@example.com